PD-LD is now Necsel Communication and Instrumentation Systems a manufacturer of customized laser products, headquartered in Pennington, New Jersey, USA since 1993. NCIS leverages top-notch technical and manufacturing capabilities to create active and passive laser products that are high-quality, cost-effective, tailored to customers’ needs, and delivered in a timely fashion. Furthermore, PD-LD continues to innovate on its patented volume Bragg grating (VBG®) technology, for which the company has been awarded over 30 patents since 2003.
NCIS’s fiber optic component products include fiber-coupled coaxial Lasers, LEDs, and recievers (including photodiodes and APDs), high-power pulsed lasers, bidirectional devices, laser combiners, triplexers, and specialty transceivers.
The company’s Volume-Bragg Grating®-based products include VBG® wavelength-stabilized high power laser diodes/diode arrays, VBG® elements, and VBG®-stabilized laser sources for specific applications (e.g. Raman spectroscopy).
For both product lines, various laser diode sources (multimode, single mode and single frequency, visible, infra-red) and custom packaging are available.
NCIS’s customers include world leaders in the optical communications, sensors, manufacturing, aerospace, spectroscopy and medical industries. More than just a packaging house, NCIS is a collection of world-class optical experts, who possess a wealth of knowledge to satisfy our customers’ requirements.
With our ongoing commitment to manufacturing and quality improvements, you can be assured that you will receive your product from PD-LD, Inc. on time and to the specifications that you ordered. PD-LD, Inc. is ISO9001: 2008, ANSI/ISO/ASQ Q9001-2008 certified.
• Founded in 1993 by Dr. Vladimir S. Ban
• Significant financing round in 2000
• Moved into new facility, March 2001
• Winner of Fastest Growing Technology Company, Top 50 in New Jersey 4 years in a row
• Winner of Circle of Excellence in Photonics award in 2004
• Developed proprietary Laser Welding packaging technology, 2001
• Developed unique volume Bragg grating technology (VBG®), 2002
• Ongoing joint development programs with Princeton University and Rutgers University
• Strong IP portfolio – Over 30 patents granted, more pending
• Acquired by Necsel IP, Inc. an Ushio Group Company, April 2016